Buy EAN-13 barcodes and create compliant barcodes for retail point of sale. Our EAN-13 fact section breaks down all the necessary you need to know about these barcodes.
What is an EAN-13 Barcode?
The EAN-13 barcode is the most commonly used barcode globally. This barcode encodes a GTIN-13, which is used to identify each product in the retail point of sale software. You can also use it for trade units sold to consumers.
Benefits of EAN-13 Barcodes
- It can be read right-side-up or upside-down, making it an efficient barcode for high-volume scanning in supermarkets.
- You can use it for both retail units (bottle of syrups) and trade units (case of syrups) sold in the store.
- It is globally recognized.
- Minimum magnification of 80-100% for retail POS and 150-200% for general distribution.
- Standard size (100%) is 38mm wide x 25mm high.
- Minimum bar heights apply within particular retailer standards.
- Quiet Zones are mandatory on the left and right sides.
- Print the Human Readable Interpretation beneath the barcode and show all digits encoded in the barcode.
Quantity Price 1 Rs. 6,000 each 2 Rs. 5,400 each 3 – 4 Rs. 5,000 each 5 – 9 Rs. 4,600 each 10 – 19 Rs. 4,000 each 20 – 29 Rs. 3,700 each 30 – 49 Rs. 2,500 each 50 – 99 Rs. 1,600 each 100 – 199 Rs. 1,000 each 200 – 299 Rs. 650 each 300 – 499 Rs. 450 each 500 – 999 Rs. 310 each 1000 – 1999 Rs. 210 each 2000 – 2999 Rs. 125 each 3000 – 4999 Rs. 90 each 5000 – 9999 Rs. 60 each 10000 + Rs. 50 each
NOTE: If you are facing difficulties in buying barcodes, here is the complete process..
Download Sample EAN-13 Barcode Package to find out what you will receive in the email response.
Common Scenarios Where EAN-13 barcodes Are Used
Selling at Retail POS
EAN-13 barcodes are the most commonly used barcode for retail POS. They are used to track and identify individual consumer items in supermarkets and stores.
Selling Trade Items to Consumers
If you sell trade items, such as cases and cartons, to consumers, you need an EAN-13 barcode on your trade item as well as your carton barcode (ITF-14). For example, you might sell individual bottles of juices as well as cases of juice.
EAN-13 barcodes are used on e-commerce platforms, such as Amazon, eBay, etc. While they are not yet mandatory, using GTINs and barcodes is highly recommended when selling online.
There you have it! EAN-13 Barcode is absolutely essential for you if you are in the retail business. And at Barcodes Pakistan, we offer market competitive rates with corporate deals on bulk purchases.