Since there is little to less information on the barcode types and how they differ, many people are confused as to which type of barcodes will be a good fit for their specific product(s).
To this end, Barcodes Pakistan brings you a simplified guide that will break down every fact about UPC barcodes.
What is a UPC Barcode?
A UPC is a 12 digit numeric code that is unique to every individual product. It is displayed in two different ways:
- a barcode
- printed numbers.
The UPC-12 barcode is designed for computer scanners to read easily. It consists of alternating black and white bars of various widths. Each numeral from zero to nine corresponds to a particular pattern of bars.
For instance, a one would be printed as three bars, each two lengths wide, followed by a bar one length wide. Remember that you need to examine both the black and white bars when deciphering the code.
The barcode starts and ends with a black bar, a white bar, and a black bar, each unit in width, and is primarily used in Canada and the US because they prefer UPC barcodes over EAN-13 Barcodes.
These are called the start code and the end code in barcodes anatomy. Between the start and end codes, you will find the bars indicating the numbers in the code.
The second part of a UPC is a plain-text version of the number written near the barcode to facilitate the Human Readable Interpretation HRI. This comes into use, for example, when a scanner isn’t working well and a cashier needs to enter the code manually.
The plain-text number is much faster for the cashier to type than trying to decipher the code would be, and having it there minimizes the chance of making a mistake when keying in the product information by hand.
Why Do You Need a UPC Barcode?
UPC helps the retailers to keep track of products and store information such as price against these codes. The advent of Universal Product Code made checkouts easier. It made electronic billing and checkouts a breeze and automated. First, the scanner scans a barcode at the checkout. The cashier enters the UPC into the retailer’s POS system to find the UPC number. Then the computer instantly sends back the actual price of the product. Further, the item subtracts from the inventory.
Features of UPC Barcodes
- UPC stands for Universal Product Code.
- It encodes a GTIN-12.
- You can use it for items you want to sell at retail POS.
- Omni-directional scanners scan it.
Benefits of UPC Barcodes
- UPCs make it easy to identify products at a grocery store, track stock inventory, reorder stock, print detailed receipts, make discount coupons scannable by computers, and so on.
- You can use it for both retail units (bottle of syrups) and trade units (case of syrups) sold in the store.
- It is globally recognized.
- UPC Barcode scanning is reliable and time-efficient. It does away with the possibility of human error.
- It gives accurate information about the products.
- It saves time and cost.
- This barcode scanning keeps all the records of where and how loads the products are being sold.
- You can use it for the US and Canada -based stores.
Selling at Retail POS
UPC barcodes are one of the most commonly used barcodes for retail POS. They are used to track and identify individual consumer items in supermarkets and stores.
Selling Trade Items to Consumers
If you sell trade items, such as cases and cartons, to consumers, you need a UPC -12 barcode on your trade item as well as your carton barcode (ITF-14). For example, you might sell individual bottles of juices as well as cases of juice.
UPC-12 barcodes are used on e-commerce platforms, such as Amazon, eBay, etc. While they are not yet mandatory, using GTINs and barcodes is highly recommended when selling online.
How to buy
Please follow a few easy steps below to complete your buying process:
- Select the required quantity below and click Add To Cart. You’ll see a pop up with three buttons, view cart, Checkout, and continue shopping. To complete the process, click Checkout, and to view the total price, click View Cart.
- Give your Billing Details, Additional Info Section, and View your Order.
- Now, select your preferred payment option, “Bank Transfer” or “Pay with Credit/Debit Card”, and Place Order.
- Once you complete the transaction, show us the screenshot, scanned copy or PDF of the invoice at [email protected] so that we can validate and proceed with your Order.
- As soon as the verification is complete, which is to be completed immediately or within 2 hours during office hours, you will receive the barcodes in an Email Response.
- In the email response, you will receive:
- Barcode Numbers,
- Barcode Images in 4 different formats (JPEG, PNG, SVG & PDF),
- Barcode Registration
- and a Guarantee Certificate.
Note: if you have more than one variation of a product (for example, multiple shampoo variants), you’ll need separate barcodes for all of them.
The Best Valued UPC Barcodes Package
INSTANT EMAIL DELIVERY (if paying by Bank Transfer) – Includes:
- A UPC Barcode number in an excel sheet: This will help you organize your bulk products against their barcodes and eliminate printing errors.
- Barcode images (in 4 different formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG, & PDF): We send out barcodes in all available formats that are used depending on the different material they will be printed on.
- A Guarantee Certificate stating that you are the sole legal owner of these barcode numbers: This will verify your products’ credibility to big retailers and be needed to export goods at custom.
- FREE Barcode Registration on the International Barcodes Database: This is used for digital purposes. If any buyers want to verify your product’s authenticity through barcodes, they can check it through our database. Please note this isn’t available on Google or other search engines. It is our centralized database for which we suggest only IBN compatible scanning apps.
10 MINS QUICK DELIVERY BY EMAIL – The barcode numbers will be emailed to you automatically as soon as the order has been made, along with a link where you can download the barcode images and guarantee. The link would facilitate you if your printing partner isn’t in the same location as you, so you can just share the link, and he will download the images through it.
Smaller orders (< 2,000 barcodes) will be delivered instantly – larger orders may take a little longer. If you don’t receive your order within 60 minutes, please check your junk folder or contact us.
Why Buy from us?
- One-time cost, No annual, membership & license fees.
- 100% Unique Barcodes
- A-grade Customer Support
- Thorough Guidance
- Transparent Information.
- No fluff, no bluff.
- IBN Credibility
- Become a part of our ever-growing clientele
- Instant Barcode Delivery in 10 minutes
- Fast & User-friendly service
INSTANT EMAIL DELIVERY (if paying by Bank Transfer) – Includes:
- A UPC barcode number
- Barcode images (in 4 different formats: JPEG, PNG, SVG, & PDF)
- A Guarantee Certificate stating that you are the sole legal owner of these barcode numbers
- FREE Barcode Registration on the International Barcodes Database.
QUICK DELIVERY BY EMAIL – The barcode numbers will be emailed to you automatically as soon as the order has been made, along with a link where you can download the barcode images and guarantee.
Smaller orders (< 2,000 barcodes) will be delivered instantly – larger orders may take a little bit longer. If you don’t receive your order within 60 minutes, please check your junk folder and then contact us.
Quantity Price 1 Rs. 6,000 each 2 + Rs. 5,400 each 3 + Rs. 5,000 each 5 + Rs. 4,600 each 10 + Rs. 4,000 each 20 + Rs. 3,700 each 30 + Rs. 2,500 each 50 + Rs. 1,600 each 100 + Rs. 1,000 each 100 + Rs. 1,000 each 200 + Rs. 650 each 300 + Rs. 450 each 500 + Rs. 310 each 1000 + Rs. 210 each 2000 + Rs. 125 each 3000 + Rs. 90 each 5000 + Rs. 60 each 10000 + Rs. 50 each
Can I Get Free Barcodes from Online Tools?
Free barcodes may or may not scan just fine at the checkout counter, but the GTIN encoded in the barcode may not identify your brand. Barcodes that are purchased—not constructed using a unique Company Prefix as the basis for your GTINs—will identify another brand owner. Taking this shortcut could create a growth obstacle if a retailer or online marketplace requires that your brand be uniquely identified in your product GTINs. So it is always better to purchase barcodes from internationally recognized barcode sellers such as Barcodes Pakistan.
Buy our UPC codes and create compliant barcodes for retail point of sale software. Here we offer market competitive rates with corporate deals on bulk purchases.